Thanks for using Thespis!
This policy is to help you understand the information we collect, how we use that information, and the choices you have in regards to your information. Some of the concepts below may be confusing to you. If they are, contact us and we’ll help answer any questions we can.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us information. This can include your name, profile photo, comments, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Thespis on a mobile device, you can also choose to allow us to access location services.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Thespis, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have Thespis features.
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that gets created and recorded automatically. Thespis collects a lot of this information to improve your experience. Below is some of the data we collect.
- Log Data. When you use Thespis or go to a webpage or use an app that has Thespis features, our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Thespis, and cookie data.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Thespis on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products and services, and protect Thespis and our users. We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting businesses or services you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you need new headshots or visited a comedy based class website that has Thespis features on it, we may suggest specific new headshot photographers that are good with comedic actors.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when new services become available to you, or a breakdown fits your profile), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include service providers or promotions that you might like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Thespis. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Thespis when they first sign up with us. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Thespis using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Thespis does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you choices over your information. If you have a Thespis account, many of the choices you have on Thespis are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to our search engine or other search engines, or choose whether others can find your Thespis account using your email address;
- Link or unlink your Thespis account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Thespis to that service.
- Choose whether Thespis will be customized for you using information from off-Thespis websites or apps. If you have a Thespis account and don’t want your off-Thespis data to be used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your “Personalization” preferences. If you don’t have a Thespis account, or don’t want us to customize Thespis for you when you’re signed out, you can opt out.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam). All past reviews and comments will remain on Thespis.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Thespis. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
Thespis is a tool people use to help guide their career in the entertainment industry. When you write a review, use our website, or communicate with other users we may use the data we’ve gathered from you to fine tune other users experience. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. Although our written reviews remain anonymous to the public, our staff and the specific business the review was written about may be able to see the review. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Thespis account to those services or publish your activity on Thespis to them. For example, you can choose to publish your activity or badges earned to Facebook or Twitter.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Thespis; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information. For example, we may tell a business using Thespis how many people reviewed their business, or the percentage of people who click through to their website.
How do we make changes to this policy?
Our policies may change periodically, and if they do we’ll post those changes to this page. If you choose to continue to use Thespis after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are substantial, we may provide more clear notice or, in certain circumstances, obtain your consent as required by law.